Building my PLN
This week's Personal Learning Network (PLN) assignment was one of my favorite assignments in this course. By the time I finished reading the instructions, I realized that I had been building my professional network unintentionally over the last several months.
When this semester began, I was still fairly new in my role as a disability ministry coordinator. As a result, I had very few connections with others in this field. Thankfully, many of the assignments throughout the semester gave us the creative freedom to choose topics that aligned with our own interests and professional goals. I took every opportunity to connect my coursework to my role in disability ministry, allowing me to learn more about the field while also completing my assignments.
Because of this, I was able to grow my professional network in meaningful ways. I am now part of several Facebook groups focused on disability ministry, participate in Reddit communities, and have connected with creators and ministry leaders on TikTok and Instagram. While balancing a new job and my final semester of grad school, I wondered how I would find the time to seek professional development outside of work. This course gave me the unique opportunity to blend those two worlds together.
Looking back, I am incredibly thankful that I did, because it made this final semester even more meaningful. It has also connected me with a community that will continue to support me professionally long after this course ends.
Comments
Post a Comment